COMMITTEE ON MOU WITH BABCOCK UNIVERSITY
Lagos, Nigeria (Monday July 29, 2013)
At its July 4, 2013 meeting, the Council of the Institute set up a committee of four senior council members to deliberate on the issue of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Babcock University.
In accordance with its terms of reference, the committee undertook a holistic review of the MOU in line with suggestions and comments from various sources, groups and stakeholders. The interim report of the committee was submitted at the council meeting of July 25, 2013.
Members of Council deliberated extensively on the report and resolved as follows:
* That council members should take some time to carefully study the report with a view to submitting their comments to the committee;
* That there is need for a review of the existing MoU;
* That the Institute should develop a new generic MoU including revised guidelines for moderating partner institutions;
* That this new generic MoU be exposed to all stakeholders for comments and suggestions;
* That the institute will partner with as many accredited institutions as are prepared to comply with the terms and conditions of the proposed generic MoU;
* That the ad-hoc committee should aggregate all comments from the council members and submit a final report which would be considered at the August 2013 Council meeting.
BY ORDER OF COUNCIL