MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
INDUCTION PROCESSES - DIRECTIVES FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
1. Pay the stipulated amount to any of the designated banks.
2. Collect a PIN VOUCHER labelled “Miscellaneous Online Access Card”
3. Log on to ICAN Website www.icanonline-ngr.com/induction
4. Enter your Student’s Registration Number, PIN and Serial Numbers printed on the voucher.
5. Complete the Form online and click on SUBMIT.
6. Print the completed Membership Form.
7. Attach the following documents:
• Certified photocopies of ICAN Examination Result Slips (Foundation to final level), Registration and Exemption Certificate (If any).
• Original letters of confirmation/Attestation from the present and previous employers.
• The letter(s) of attestation should be signed by a Partner (for those in Practicing Firms) or by a Chartered Accountant in the organization (Financial member of ICAN)/External Auditor (for those in Commerce Industry and Government Parastatals). The letter must state the duration of employment and scope of duties.
• Certified photocopy of ICAN Student’s Registration Certificate
• Certified photocopies of credentials –or GCE etc University Degree, HND, ATS, WASCE
• Certified photocopy of NYSC/Exemption Certificate
• Certificate of Attendance of the Technology Competence Initiative (TCI) (Compulsory)
• All prospective Inductees must attend the Technology Competence Initiative (TCI) course, as attendance is a pre-condition for Induction. Therefore, no application for Induction will be processed without TCI attendance Certificate. Please check www.ican-ngr.org for details.
The completed form with evidence of payment must be submitted to The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria- Island, Lagos
NOTE: Only qualified candidates who have relevant accounting related working experience should apply for the membership of the Institute in line with the period stated below:
Graduates of Accounting 36 Months
Graduates of other Disciplines 48 Months
OND/NCE 48 Months
AAT 48 Months
School Certificates 60 Months